Corportate Electrical Reliability Engineer
Posted by: Cooper Tires
Posted date: 2020-Jan-16
Location: Findlay, OH, USA
Cooper Tire offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, youâ€™ll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work, and we easily stand apart from our competition. Weâ€™re constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journeyâ€¦Come Ride with Us!
The Corporate Electrical Reliability Engineer is responsible for implementing and guiding efforts across the organization to ensure reliability and maintainability of electrical equipment and processes that could adversely affect plant operations. The individual will develop and institute reliability program strategies and elements as well as champion the transfer and implementation of best practices. The Corporate Electrical Reliability Engineer reports to the Corporate Reliability Manager.
- Function as a subject matter expert, SME, and works from a corporate perspective with plant reliability personnel and across functional departments to develop, standardize, coordinate, and administer overall electrical maintenance and reliability strategies for existing and new equipment
- Leads efforts and works with plants to identify and manage electrical asset reliability risks that could adversely affect equipment or business operations through fault elimination, risk management, and life cycle management.
- Responsible for new and optimization approaches for preventative/predictive electrical maintenance tasks and maintenance repair techniques from a corporate perspective for all Cooper Tireâ€™s equipment base.
- Works closely with plant reliability engineers, cross functional corporate and plant departments, and equipment vendorsÂ to coordinate the development of engineering solutions and effectively identify root causes and address identified areas for improvement for repetitive equipment failures
- Identifies potential cost reductions through improvements in electrical control component reliability, extended parts life, reduced labor cost, and other reliability-related improvement techniques.
- Works to understand plant maintenance electrical training needs and determine how to ensure that training opportunities are to be made available.
- Leads efforts and collaborates with plant stakeholders and vendors in diagnosing electrical/electronic system malfunctions for electrical machinery equipment including but not limited to LV & MV motors, variable frequency drives/starters, PLC / motion control systems, transformers, transducers, actuators, and sensors.
- Develops a high proficiency while working within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)/SAP and utilizes its functionality to correlate the data for reliability analysis.
- Champions the sharing of best practices, root cause solutions and procedural changes across the organization while ensuring the implementation of transferred best practices in an effort to maintain standardization and improve equipment performance
- BS in Electrical Engineering or BSEET preferred.Â 4 or more years of engineering/maintenance experience required.Â Additional years of experience will be taken into consideration in lieu of the educational preference
- Experienced in electrical troubleshooting of industrial equipment and machinery
- Thorough technical knowledge in the field of industrial maintenance and reliability fundamentals
- Experience in continuous improvement process, BB/GB certified, and CMRP would be a plus
Cooper Tire is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and opportunities to grow and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.