Position ID # 1907272Â Business Unit ManagerÂ Â
APPLY TODAY:Â https://mondelez.avature.net/careers/PipelineDetail/Bus-Unit-Mgr/14910
As part of Manufacturing, youâ€™ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, youâ€™ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
The purpose of this role is to own the full end to end line (material preparation, mix, backing, packing, palletizing), deliver its overall SQCDSM targets and be fully responsible for people management and their capability development, machinery operation and maintenance of its basic conditions and finally continuous improvement through loss elimination based on ZERO mindset.
The Business Unit Manager grows the capabilities of the team through application of IL6S and represents the company with the core team in line with the company's values and principles.
This is a full-time role working in the administrative hours, however shift work sometimes is required depending on line/project requirements. The people in this role are preferably people with loss elimination and IL6S experience displaying strong technical and people skills, who can grow to take on higher roles in the organization within Manufacturing or other ISC functions.
Business Unit Manager Task Description
- Delivers on all SQCDSM targets for the line; owns 24x7 results of the line and is responsible for budgeting and delivering on the budget for the line
- Translates Section Targets into line and unit targets and deploys them to his/her team following the Hoshin process
- Direct line or area core teams: Line Technicians (Operators & Line Mechanics), Process Engineer and Maintenance Line Lead.
- Ensures that each and every Mondelez Employee in his/her team has individual specific and measureable targets related to the line overall targets, and a clear understanding of what is expected from them. Leads core team members making sure each individual has a work plan towards their professional and personal growth documented through respective IDPâ€™s. (IDP â€“ Individual Development Plans tied to Hoshin plans with regular 1:1 reviews)
- Manages cost to budget, drive losses out with direct impact on Safety (TIR, near miss, first aids, etc), reduction of quality defects (Cpm, consumer complaints, ppm defect level,etc), improvement of GE through application of IL6S tools and techniques, approve and comply with production planning, manage, participate with core on recruitment and develop continuously Core teams capabilities to deliver ZERO Accident, Quality Defect and Losses.
- Conducts regular PDCA with the team to plan how the targets are going to be achieved, executes the plan and periodically checks and takes necessary actions to stay on track
- Runs and improves the DMS cycle for his/her line, guarantee excellent quality of DMS 1 and DMS2 on the Line and owns DMS 3, setting the 24 hour direction for his line team; Responsible for all line level reporting
- Builds capability and develops the team related to IL6S as well as other areas;
- Owns the Improvement plans for the line and reports out on progress. Owns GE Building Block strategy execution driving for 100% timely completion.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and improve all planned activities (Sanitation, c/o, PM, AM, etc)
- If Down â€“ Do execution driving down PM back-log
- Hourly results monitoring with clear escalation process for quick resolution
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree RequiredÂ
- 10 Years Of Relevant Work Experience Required
- Preferred concentration in Operations Management
- Hands on oriented, with solid previous experience leading manufacturing operations, in a leadership role (Operations Manager or similar, Continuous Improvement Manager , etc.).
- Sound Project Management Skills, proven experience successfully leading initiatives (Critical Path Schedule, Risk Management tools, etc).
- Practical experience with continuous improvement methodologies (basics of TPM: Total Productive Maintenance, Lean Manufacturing or similar) is a plus
- Organizational transformation (change management); High Performance Working Systems as a plus
- Leadership Imperatives (Skilled-advanced)
- Action Oriented, Drive for Results (Skilled-advanced)
- Dealing with Ambiguity and Conflict Management (Skilled-advanced)
- Functional Technical Skills (Skilled-medium)
- Motivation Others, Building Effective Teams, Directing Others (Skilled-advanced
- Organizational Agility (Skilled-advanced)
- Organized, Priority Setting, Managing and Measuring Work (Skilled-advanced)
- Timely Decision Making, Informing, Written Communications (Skilled-advanced), Informing, Written
- Communications (Skilled-advanced)
MondelÄ“z International Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V As an equal opportunity employer, MondelÄ“z International is committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for those individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and the Title 1 of the Americanâ€™s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodations in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.