Posted by: Mondelez International
Posted date: 2019-Sep-24
Location: Fairlawn, NJ
Mondelez International, Inc.empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. Weâ€™re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum.Â Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. Thatâ€™s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
FAIR LAWN, NJ BAKERY
As part of Manufacturing, youâ€™ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, youâ€™ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Position Purpose Statement
- Be the leader of a diverse community of site and equipment maintenance personnel (60-70 personnel) and the parts and planning support associated with the site.
- Manage the parts, budget, and personnel growth/ competencies within the maintenance organization (Approximately $6MM of parts and services spend a year).
- Effectively work as a key member of the leadership team ensuring a reliable running production operation.
- Ensure running of the entire maintenance process within the site in accordance with principles of Continuous Improvement culture to achieve high level of equipment reliability at optimum maintenance cost.
- Utilize the IL6S pillar structure to develop capability of pillar members and the plant organization to eliminate losses by implementing IL6S tools and systems owned by the pillar. Additionally, generate CBA (current best approach) and inform the PM (Progressive Maintenance) pillar leaders of the region of issues, scopes, changes, risk and safety/ quality concerns and proactively establish and communicate with the local pillar teams to support PM pillar objectives.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Multicultural environment.
- Deal with different layers in the organization.
- Keep people accountable without formal authority.
- Work in environment with a lot of changes and uncertainties.
- Work with Union.
- Ability to work with virtual team.
- Be connected internally and externally.
- University Engineering degree or at least 10 years of maintenance management experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi union maintenance and site organization.
- Experience in Maintenance activities in food industry.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement process such as TPM and Lean Manufacturing.
- Proven PM (Progressive Maintenance) expertise.
- Understands GMP, HACCP and SSE principles.
- PC skills â€“ MS Office package as end user and SAP PM Module a plus.
- Outstanding team player and leader.
- Outstanding parts management and purchasing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple daily tasks for numerous personnel.
- Strong ability to lead the competency building of a diverse maintenance workforce.
- Understanding of IL6S, HPWS & Plant Reliability Concept.
- Drives behavioral change through coaching and influencing.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Strategic thinking and Business understanding.
- Results oriented and prepared to deal with ambiguity
- Management and leadership capabilities to lead the team and ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement.
- Effective training and coaching skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personnel across the company supply chain functions.
- Demonstrated experience leading a union maintenance organization.
- Demonstrated ability to make major and rapid changes to a strong legacy organization.
- Demonstrated ability to improve parts management and purchasing.
- Project management is a plus.
- TPM background needed and PM (Progressive Maintenance) pillar leader is an advantage.
- Cross-functional management.
MondelÄ“z International Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V As an equal opportunity employer, MondelÄ“z International is committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for those individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and the Title 1 of the Americanâ€™s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodations in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
- Ensure a safe workplace by the support and maintenance of pro-active safety systems including LOTO (lock out tag out), HES Management System. The person is responsible for day to day safe operation of the plant within the area of control. No LTI's (Lost time injuries) on team. Ensure safe workplace including identification of known risks and controls and escalation of larger issues through Behavior based safety system regularly.
- Ensure effective implementation IL6S PM methodologies, tools and systems first on the Model line and replicate the same on the other lines of the business to achieve the Plant CBN. Set specific expectations per phase and define the capabilities and work process required.
- Define pillar master plan linked to the site CBN as well as supporting global master plan priorities and work towards zero loss journey. Define clearly the losses related to PM and develop road map in eradicating the losses to zero.
- Identify training needs for the PM team through skills matrix and support training programs to meet learning outcomes. Work with pillar members to train and develop the individuals on specific pillar tools/ system.
- Define future maintenance organization design/structure and staffing numbers for a post AM step 1-2-3 operating environment where equipment operating conditions are fully monitored by operators and where the maintenance organization transitions into a role of providing expertise, training & coaching to operators and conducting those tasks which are in-frequent and require expertise or are driven by labor regulatory requirements (E&I etc.). Ensure that thereâ€™s a proper career path and assignment opportunities for the maintenance organization in place outside the maintenance org.
- Proactively collaborates with PM benchmarking team in order to communicate the global benchmarking methodology, sharing the best practices, implementing tools and techniques.
- Lead Â˝ yearly or more frequent (if required) â€śGive-Getâ€ť Sessions with key internal partners on needs and performance improvement opportunities.
- Develop and implement PM concept among Line Owners, equipment owners and Team Leaders by conducting bimonthly PM meeting and reviewing downtime analysis. Incorporate PM system Owners roles in plant organization. Utilize their skills & abilities to bring productivities, improve & optimize processes, safety, quality, and delivery service. Clearly define their roles & responsibilities.
- Work closely with Regional/Global Engineering and IIM Pillar in the early design of new equipment, include easy to maintain standards and site visual centreline standards, drive standardization and re-application.
- Enhance technical skills of operators and technicians through training plan and review their progress during PM meetings. Develops Key Performance Indicator for direct reports that clearly measure plant performance as a base for improvements. Build up effective system for measuring & control of KPIs in the plant.
- Reduce spare part inventory by local resourcing of spares and identify critical spares to maintain availability and reliability of the machines and equipment. Identify opportunities to reduce capitalized/high value spare parts by linking with inventory management with other sites and support the establishment of a â€śRegional Spare Partsâ€ť inventory hub.
- Participate in IL6S meetings, trainings and impart training to the leadership team and other PM team members to develop the capabilities. Use learn do and teach techniques. Lead pillar meetings and discuss plant wide issues that constrain pillar progress or pillar focus.
- Work closely with regional pillar leader to ensure that the site is receiving effective guidance / coaching and lead the best in class systems / tools for reapplication.
- Look ahead for what capabilities are required for next 12- 24 months, and prepare coaching for the required capabilities through coordinating and participating in lead models and define the work processes and tools for the site implementations.
- Develop and implement DMS for PM and ensure that the system is followed regularly, rigorously and religiously to get the desired results of the business. Ensure that the monthly targets of KPI and KAI are met consistently and take corrective actions for missed target and ensure that it is not repeated in future.
- Develop training modules like lubrication, PF curves, fasteners, tools, pneumatics, hydraulics, glue systems, electrical, sensors, power transmissions and insulation and train the AM team members to develop the technical capabilities.
- Ensure that the PM team completely understand the PM steps involved in the IL6S journey and coach the AM and PM teams to achieve the site CBN.
- Develop PM PDCA board and ensure that the planned PM strategy and zero loss journey are achieved by tracking the progress on weekly basis and take corrective measures through root cause analysis for the breakdowns and increase the GE, OEE and Mean time between failures MTBF and Mean time between breakdowns MTBB.
- Assure that the site PM pillar is prepared to be audited and pass program phases.