This is a dedicated job board for all positions in the reliability and maintenance industry. If you want to learn more about the industry, we refer you to the Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (www.smrp.org).
Go back to the Job List
Senior Reliability Engineer - Corporate RolePosted by: Medtronic
Posted date: 2019-Apr-02
Location: Corporate Role or Connecticut
Apply online below:
As a Global Reliability Engineer you will provide technical support for the maintenance excellence strategies at all MITG sites. You will work closely with all site Maintenance Leads, Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Planners/Schedulers, Stores personnel, OpEx, Engineering and Production to improve the effectiveness and increase overall equipment reliability.
You will be the subject matter expert in performing maintenance excellence strategies with the appropriate level of predictive and preventative maintenance which will include asset criticality analysis, FMEA, planning and scheduling, preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, precision maintenance, downtime analysis, and root cause analysis to optimize costs resulting in maximizing overall asset management.
A Day in the Life
· You will assess and provide guidance on the Reliability Engineering (RCM, FMEA, PdM), PM Optimization and TPM activities (RCA, Defect Elimination, Autonomous Maintenance) and planning and scheduling tools to optimize deployment of personnel and maximize equipment availability.
· You will review and evaluate data/metrics for trends, deviations, and a gap analysis of the maintenance strategies (e.g. asset utilization (OEE), planning and scheduling, work execution, MTBF, MTTR, replacement asset value and develop corrective action plans
· You will audit and evaluate the effectiveness of the PM/PdM, and the utilization effectiveness using the CMMS software to drive preventative and predictive maintenance activities.
· You will develop new systems, practices, and procedures pertaining to maintenance excellence to enhance the performance.
· You will assist with the implementation and optimization of MAXIMO (CMMS) system from a technical maintenance standpoint
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
You will have a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Reliability or equivalent) and 4+ years’ experience or an Advanced degree and 2+ years experience.
Nice to Have
• Lean training or certification a plus
•Certified Reliability Leader CRL, Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) or Certified Reliability Centered Maintenance Facilitator (RCM) a plus
•Master’s degree preferred
•Experience with PdM technologies including infrared, vibration, oil analysis, ultrasound
•Advanced experience with CMMS programs (Maximo, SAP, Mainsaver or similar)
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.