Operations Mechanical Engineer
Posted by: PAE
Posted date: 2018-Oct-09
Location: Albuquerque, NM
PAE is currently seeking a Mechanical Operations Engineer for a new program at Kirtland AFB Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Mechanical Operations Engineer is responsible for providing reliable and responsive Mechanical Engineer support to ensure effective and efficient operations of U.S.-owned and occupied facilities, associated installed equipment, and infrastructure. This includes the maintenance of all infrastructure, engineering support, fire protection and prevention services.
- Perform specific duties and responsibilities related to Mechanical engineering including evaluating mechanical systems, products, components and applications.
- Provides efficient, effective and timely Mechanical engineering expertise, to include but not limited to determining Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) loads, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, interior plumbing design and exterior plumbing design.
- Ability to interpret construction/engineering contract drawings and specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design and specifications.
- Provides the scope definition, specification, studies, budgeting and write-up into project proposals of mechanical engineering projects and prepares IGCE’s for small projects.
- Performs physical activities including climbing in and around equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
- Consult and coordinate with electrical, structural and civil engineers during the design phase to ensure a proper electrical layout.
- Must be able to identify common site architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection/detection system components, understand how they function/operate, and have experience planning or performing maintenance, improvements, or repairs.
- Must possess applicable building code and life safety knowledge to provide assessment services.
- Interpret construction/engineering contract drawings and specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design and specifications.
- Conduct root cause analysis for equipment failures.
- Must have knowledge of preventive maintenance and reliability centered maintenance principles and processes.
- Performs physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and around equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
EDUCATION & LICENSING
- The mechanical engineer shall have a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Preferred Reliability Centered Engineer Certification.
- Shall have at least 3 years’ experience working in a military environment and familiarity with Air Force Civil Engineering guidance, rules, and regulations.
- Shall have a minimum of 1 year of experience performing facility assessments and Real Property Inventory Equipment (RPIE) condition assessments using BUILDER and BUILDER Remote Entry Database (BRED) software, and have at least 1 year of experience working with data from geospatial databases.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain Secret Clearance.
- Must be capable of working with customers and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Must have and maintain a valid US driver’s license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.