This is a dedicated job board for all positions in the reliability and maintenance industry. If you want to learn more about the industry, we refer you to the Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (www.smrp.org).
Go back to the Job List
MRO Inventory Optimization ManagerPosted by: Maple Leaf Foods
Posted date: 2018-Aug-01
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
MRO INVENTORY OPTIMIZATION MANAGER
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Reliability, the MRO Optimization Manager is an agent of change who supports the effective management of MRO spare parts and costs at plants across the MLF network. As part of the journey towards world class maintenance, the MRO Optimization Manager will leverage the capabilities of SAP to minimize inventory costs while not impacting the availability of critical assets.
• Ownership and leadership of establishment, development and sustainment of an MRO Inventory Optimization program including governance, methods, analytics, reporting and procedures
• Work closely with the plants and across multiple other departments including Finance, Information Solutions, Procurement and Engineering;
• Perform calculations, analysis, presentations and reports on matters relating to the management of MRO;
• Through rationalization and optimization, drive reductions in inventory holdings at plants below 2 percent of asset replacement value;
• Perform regular spot checks on the accuracy and completeness of the MRO-related data that is being entered in SAP;
• Develop and manage the KPIs used to track plant progress towards world class MRO management and the reduction of inventory costs;
• Evaluate the maturity level of the plants’ MRO management capabilities by way of regularly scheduled maintenance assessments;
• Provide MRO coordinators and storekeepers with training on all MRO-related transactions in SAP;
• Routinely monitor plant inventory holdings against consumption data and work with stakeholders to adjust min/max levels accordingly;
• Maintain MLF’s Bill of Materials Standard and monitor plant compliance;
• When necessary, interface with the engineering team to provide logistics input to the design process. As necessary, participate in the development of recommended spare parts lists for new assets;
• Support the cataloguing and configuration activities necessary to support the in-service portion of an asset’s life cycle;
• Chair the Integrated Logistics Support Committee and participate as an active member on the Master Data Governance Council and Reliability Share Group;
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
• A university graduate with a degree in a related field; preferably Business and Engineering
• Must have at least ten (10) years of experience in a related field and have at least five (5) years of relevant leadership or project management experience;
• Knowledgeable in best practices in MRO management and familiar with what word class looks like;
• Recent experience in Life Cycle Cost Analysis, RCM and inventory optimization. Familiar with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and TPM;
• Strong analytical and computer skills. Highly proficient in the use of SAP, inventory optimization software and Microsoft Office;
• Able to leverage SAP to generate key performance indicators and monitor benchmarks;
• Equally comfortable in an office or manufacturing environment, willing to travel;
• Demonstrated effectiveness working in a Unionized environment;
• An excellent communicator in English, both verbally and in writing. Readily able to develop crossdepartmental relationships.
Highly desirable but optional qualifications include: • Membership in any recognized Asset/Capital Intensive related Association including but not limited to PMAC, SMRP, PMP, PE, SCMA, professional designation is preferred
You may apply directly for this role by visiting our Career Site at www.mapleleafcareers.com. Reference number for the position 11203568.
For additional information on Maple Leaf Foods, please visit www.mapleleaffoods.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at accommodationsmapleleaf.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.