Posted by: IMERYS
Posted date: 2018-Jun-22
Location: Lompoc, CA (Santa Barbara area)
Imerys is a world leader in creating specialty solutions that improve everyday life through minerals. Our success is built on our people, and creating an environment where our 17,500 employees around the globe can thrive.
We passionately believe that our teams are at their best when they have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and find new ways to solve our customers’ challenges, no matter what part of the business they are in.
We can offer you a variety of work and real opportunities to make an impact and be part of our evolution.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
Based in Lompoc, California, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for serving in the capacity of maintenance management and engineering technical expert, for all functional maintenance areas. The role provides analysis, alternatives, recommendations, implementation plans and oversight of maintenance initiatives targeting improvement in safety, regulatory compliance, production & productivity integrity, improved equipment availability and budgetary mechanical, electrical & instrumentation initiatives.
Leads the maintenance team’s efforts in applying techniques in best maintenance practices to maximize equipment reliability & resource availability through recognized engineering improvement and sustainability programs.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Institutionalizes organized maintenance management processes and procedures by
- Applying and driving facility wide focus in identifying, planning, scheduling and executing work
- Evaluating and benchmarking (gap analysis) existing plant procedures/practices/performance measures versus internal & external industry specific benchmarks
- Working with peers to define roles and responsibilities to ensure the success of maintenance management programs
- Leads maintenance improvement initiatives identified through failure root cause analysis and /or compliance, growth or cost reduction requirements
- Develops detailed planning to control departmental elements, including spending, staffing, etc.
- Liaisons with purchasing to identify and negotiate purchase of needed components, equipment and contract services
- Ensures all maintenance objectives are completed on time and within budget / forecast
- Supports individual technical experts with required cost / benefit analysis, budget and schedule development and identification of constraints
- Achieves synergies with vendors / contractors supporting maintenance initiatives
- Assess and documents success / failure of completed work orders, creating feedback to further drive effective work order execution
- Establishes preventive and predictive maintenance tasks, including oil analysis, vibration monitoring, thermo graphic analysis, ultrasonic detection, sound analysis and frequencies for key process and support equipment
- Establishes work schedules to include lubrication, cleaning and inspection routines
- Conducts “root cause” failure analysis on chronic maintenance and repair issues and initiates corrective actions to equipment design and / or work practices
- Optimizes spare parts carrying costs
- Ensures equipment historical data is available for decision making processes
- Develops an on-going replacement analysis program for capital equipment based on work order and preventative maintenance histories, reliability performance and cost
- Establishes programs for and maintains a mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, regulatory and civil equipment integrity plan which aligns long range strategic planning, turnaround activity (shut downs), preventative maintenance activity and predictive maintenance activity
OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS
- Manages maintenance projects from concept to implementation, including managing personnel, developing sketches, reviewing detailed drawings, vendor negotiations, supervising contractors, and documenting final results.
- Mentors and develops subordinates for maintenance department succession
- Conducts cost / benefit analysis, oversees development of key maintenance initiative justification, presents projects to superiors and gains approval / guidance
- Coordinates efforts of multi-disciplinary craft teams to achieve a common goal
- Responsible for communicating the status of a wide range of maintenance activities to key stake holders
- Anticipates questions and prepares technical and business correspondence pertaining to the business case for each maintenance initiative from all affected parties, including senior management members
- Identifies maintenance constraints (manufacturing process, budget, schedule, etc.) and either eliminate the constraints or manage within
- Manages opportunities for maintenance related programs, including but not limited to, reliability engineering (RCM, On Stream Time, MTBF, OEE, WCAM and TPM)
- Makes decisions by understanding causes, weighing options and making final decisions based on achieving highest priority objectives
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in implementing and managing organized maintenance management and work management programs
- Experience in implementing and managing reliability improvement programs
- At least 7 years experience in a heavy industrial environment
- At least 5 years experience supervising personnel, preference in a union environment
- Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics (Identify skills/attributes required for this position which may include leadership, problem solving, interpersonal, communications, planning, team participation skills, and/or language requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office computer software
- Ability to effectively utilize maintenance software to input data and research parts; i.e. Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Ability to effectively utilize computer assisted drawing software to produce fabrication drawings and equipment layout / drawings
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting with exposure to all seasonal climatic conditions, and typical manufacturing environment conditions
- Occasionally lifting, carrying, and/or pulling objects up to 50 lbs.
- Approximately 60% office environment and 40% plant environment
Apply Directly at: