Posted by: SC Johnson
Posted date: 2018-Jun-05
Location: Racine, WI
Responsible for developing and managing the SC Johnson Waxdale Site Maintenance Organization focused on Planned Maintenance and Equipment Reliability. This position is responsible for managing leaders and teams of skilled trades personnel (Electricians, Pipefitters, Instrumentation, Production Support Mechanics), at the facility. The Maintenance Manager will drive breakthrough performance through the development and implementation of a cost effective equipment reliability strategic plan focused on the elimination of equipment breakdowns. As the PM Pillar Lead, this role is responsible for integrating these systems site wide and building/maintaining a partnership between the Maintenance Function and Production Operations. In addition to systems, the Lead is responsible achieving safety, environmental, quality, customer service, financial and productivity goals. Accountabilities include: Project management, maximizing multi-shift, multi-skilled High Performance Teams (HPT) of trades’ people, expanding the circle of influence within cross-functional operational teams, monitoring and controlling budgets, and managing vendor relationships.
- Accountability for defined business objectives and people management responsibilities.
- Ability to drive short term and long term strategy.
- Ability to read and understand Key Performance Indicators and create action to improve.
- The incumbent is charged with meeting safety, quality, cost, productivity & environmental goals through the promotion and support of High Performance Work Teams.
- Coach team members on all shifts to work together toward common goals, support high inter-shift communication and mutual respect.
- Communicate shift OEE, Safety, and Quality metrics on a daily basis to the production teams.
- Must demonstrate the highest standards of personal conduct and work ethic.
- Lead problem solving activities that focus on Root Cause identification and eradication of failure.
- Work to build capabilities of Lean Systems including autonomous production teams and DMAIC Team Coaching
- Key contact for all Waxdale emergency issues.
- Work with all functions (i.e. engineering, IS, security, cafeteria, employee training center, medical center, MHG, SHEQ, etc) as needed to coordinate activities.
- Interpret and ensure compliance of all company and HR policies and procedures
- Assist in the resolution of employee conflict and discipline issues as they occur while striving for consistency and fairness.
- Participate in task forces and core groups that resolve Waxdale Safety, maintenance and production related issues.
- Coach, support and partner with Team Lead Specialists (TLS); Lead the monthly TLS meetings.
- Creativity and innovation is required when working to meet customer needs in a highly effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field
- Experience in high performance work teams.
- 7 years’ minimum experience required in field, including 5 years’ minimum in people management/leadership
- Aerosols, Liquid filling and packaging experience is a plus.
- Experience with a trade (electrician, pipefitting or Instrumentation)
- Experience in project installation, estimating, layout, design and directing work crews preferred
- Demonstrated experience working within a continuous improvement environment in the areas of facility and production maintenance support. Understanding of TPM and Lean manufacturing principles preferred.
- Ability to identify actionable, business critical goals that can be influenced by business work teams.
- Ability to convert goals into action oriented initiatives, and to execute accordingly.
- Team player, enjoys working with others and gets satisfaction from seeing others perform well.
- Ability to utilize data and to prioritize resources to drive continuous improvement.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively deliver performance feedback
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for position through our career webpage - https://jobs.scjohnson.com/job/racine/maintenance-manager/5362/6875275
We look forward to hearing from you soon!